The aim of the undergraduate nursing program is to:
- Prepare graduates to assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses and midwives at basic level in providing promotive , preventive, curative and rehabilitative services.
- Prepare nurses who can make independent decisions in nursing situations, protect the rights of and facilitate individual and groups in pursuit of health, function in the hospital, community nursing services and conduct research studies in the areas of nursing practice. They are also expected to assume the role of teacher, supervisor and manager in a clinical/public health setting.
On completion of the four year B.Sc Nursing program the graduates will be able to:
- Apply knowledge from physical ,biological and behavioural sciences, medicine including alternative systems and nursing in providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate understanding of life style and other factors, which affect health of individuals and groups.
- Provide nursing care based on steps of nursing process in collaboration with the individuals and group.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skill in making decision in all situations in order to provide quality care.
- Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
- Provide promotive, preventive and restorative health services in line with the national health policies and programs.
- Practice within the framework of code of ethics and professional conduct and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
- Communicate effectively with individuals and groups and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationship and teamwork.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in clinical/community health settings.
- Participate effectively as members of the health team in health care delivery system.
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in clinical/community health settings.
- Conduct need based research studies in various settings and utilize the research findings to improve the quality of care.
- Demonstrate awareness, interest and contribute towards advancement of self and of profession